On the occasion of the Tour de la Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur, which will take place all week, we have decided to highlight one of the Niçoise specialties, both ideal as an aperitif or as a dish of resistance : the pissaladière !
Originally from Nice, the pissaladière is close to the pizza but does not include tomatoes.
In addition of being tasty, it has many health benefits including its main ingredient : the onion !
The onion has a lot of quercetin, which promotes the circulation of blood. In addition, it contains silica that helps prevent thrombosis and aging of veins and arteries. Onion also helps to lower cholesterol levels in the blood. Thanks to him, our organism dissolves internal clots more easily.
The onion also has anti-anemic properties. Indeed, it brings us phosphorus, iron and vitamin E. These components help us to restore blood loss and regenerate red blood cells. Finally, thanks to the sulfur it has, the onion is a good anti-asthmatic. But also a great anti-inflammatory.
- 250g of flour
- 3 pinches of salt
- 1 teaspoon baker’s yeast
- 5 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 to 10cl of cold water
Pour the flour into a bowl. Dig a well and place in bulk salt, yeast, olive oil and cold water. Stir first with your fingers and knead until the dough is smooth, smooth and elastic.
Put it in a ball. Cover the salad bowl with a cloth and let the dough swell for 30 minutes at room temperature.
For 6 persons :
- 400 g of dough (previously prepared)
- 1kg of onion
- 300g of anchovies in oil
- About fifteen black olives
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Herbs of Provence
- Olive oil
- In a large deep frying pan, heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut the onions into slices
- Once the oil is hot, you can put the onions in the pan, add pepper, herbes de Provence and powdered sugar. It is important not to put salt because there will be anchovies. Sugar is essential to remove the acidity of the onion.
- Fry the onions until their color is slightly yellow. They must not come back too much because they will still cook in the oven
- Keep some anchovy fillets for decoration and put the rest in the pan with the onions. The anchovies will melt to heat and mix with onions. You can also add a tablespoon of anchovy oil in the preparation for more taste.
- Spread the dough on a baking sheet oiled with olive oil
- Pour your mixture on the dough and put anchovies and olives for decoration.
- Preheat your oven to 220 ° C and bake the pissaladière
- For the cooking time, As soon as the dough is cooked, your pissaladière is ready!